Small Grants 2.0
Location : Kelantan
Project Duration : Nov 2012 - Oct 2014
Families : 55
- Participants were provided with materials and equipment that could be utilized to add value to their existing economic and income-generating activities.
- 3 key sectors were chosen to be the focus group for this project, based on the participants’ existing income-generating activities, i.e. agriculture, small business and garment-making sectors.
- Sejahtera helped channel technical expertise and advise from various government agencies to help the participants better understand the challenges they faced and how best to overcome them.
Puan Fauziah Kamaruddin, who runs a small food business, has extended her working hours till evening since provided with a new cooking stove.
- Participants are scattered in two districts, and dry season in Kelantan affected participants' crops i.e. watermelon and chili
- 55 participants surpassed initial expectations and targets by more than 500%.
- The overall total accumulated additional income came to RM614, 775.00 from the original target of RM92, 000.00, making Small Grants 2.0 the most successful programme by Sejahtera as yet.
- The top five agriculture-based participants, as well as top participants overall based on the additional income generated during the programme were given the “Petani Sejahtera” award to recognize the successes and accomplishments.
The participants of Small Grants 2.0 programme who attended the Award Ceremony.