Community Development in 3 Villages - Phase 2 : Subsistence Farming / Phase 3 : Cultivating Entrepreneurship
Posted on 23 Dec 2015 by Admin
Category: Ongoing Projects
Location : Pitas, Sabah
Project Duration : Dec 2012 - Nov 2015
Families : 71
- Phase 2 involves improving dietary provision for the children of participating households through subsistence farming and livestock,
- The participants were provided with training, equipment and tools for the cultivation of cash crops (corn, chilli, vegetables, etc.)
- Initially, 71 families were interested in participating, however since then, YS have identified 47 new interested families, and they will start receiving assistance beginning May 2014.
- In Phase 3, shortlisted households which indicates the highest level of commitment will be given larger-scaled training and assistance to expand their economic activities. Shortlisting is due to be held in June 2014.
- As at March 2014, at least 50% of the identified families gained additional increase income of RM300 for 3 months.
- At least 70% of the identified families are able to regularly record household monthly income, expenditure and saving.